Call of Duty: Warzone’s new Sykov pistols have been overpowered since the moment they arrived in the game. Thankfully, developer Raven Software is stepping in with a massive nerf in the game’s latest patch to help make them a little less dominant.
The patch specifically takes aim at the Sykov’s litany of powerful attachments, nerfing them directly and their combinations. The Sorokin 140mm Auto attachment now has great hip-fire spread, the Akimbo option reduces movement speed by 5%, and the 80-round drum attachment reduces movement speed by 5% and reduces the aim-down sight movement speed by 7%. While all these should be impactful, the biggest nerf was to the combination of the Akimbo and Sorokin 140mm Auto attachments which now reduce the Sykov’s damage by 25% when they’re used together.
This smattering of Sykov nerfs are some of the most aggressive balance changes that have ever been introduced in Warzone, but the weapon was strong enough to warrant it. In fact, it’s tough to tell if these changes will even be enough to keep them out of the meta, but they’re a good start at least.
Warzone’s latest patch also brings a nerf to the RC-XD remote-controlled explosive car, a change that players have been asking for recently. Rather than being able to pick up the RC-XD at any Buy Station, players can now only find them in Containment Monitors.
Update: Raven Software has amended its April 19 patch notes. The original notes said that there was a 25% damage reduction on the Sykov when the Sorokin 140mm Auto attachment and the 80-round drum attachment were used together, however the damage reduction actually applies to the Sorokin 140mm Auto attachment and the Akimbo attachment. The story has been updated to reflect Raven’s change.
❗️ We’ve corrected a mistake in the original notes.
The change applies when pairing the Sorokin 140mm Auto and the * – not the 80 Round Drums.
Sorry for the confusion! pic.twitter.com/i6fU2QE3Mu
— Raven Software (@RavenSoftware) April 19, 2021
Call of Duty: Warzone April 19 patch notes
- The RC-XD has been removed from Buy Stations and is now only available via Containment Monitors.
- Fixed an issue causing players to be unable to equip Armor Plates after activating certain Killstreaks or Field Upgrades.
- The Containment Protocol missiles will no longer land in the Play Area.
- The Containment Protocol missiles have had their sound effects volume reduced.
- Fixed a bug causing Loadout Drops to block movement and projectiles after the crate collapses.
- King Slayer Trios – The Gas Circle will no longer move completely outside of the Play Area.
- The Swatt Master Blueprint now correctly displays the Electric Dismemberment icon.
- Fixed a bug with the Modern Warfare Sniper Scope and Variable Zoom Scope where they were not displaying glint.
- Fixed a bug with Modern Warfare weapon perks where they were not having their intended effects.
- Fixed a bug with the Bullseye Reticle where it would sometimes cause frame rate issues or the disappearance of UI elements.
- Sorokin 140mm Auto (Sykov)
Hip spread increased
- Akimbo (Sykov)
Movement speed reduced by 5%
- 80 Round Drums (Sykov)
Movement speed reduced by 5%
ADS movement speed reduced by 7%
- When equipping the Sykov with the Sorokin 140mm Auto and the Akimbo attachment, damage is reduced by 25%.