The Farm 51 has announced its sci-fi survival horror RPG Chernobylite will be released in July.
In July, Chernobylite will be made available on PC, PS4, and Xbox One with PS5 and Xbox Series X/S versions later in the year.
Currently available on Steam Early Access, the game has received a major pre-launch patch, bringing significant changes to the storyline, dialogue, localization, soundtrack, and the game’s concluding level.
A list of the most important improvements introduced in “The Final Stage” Mega Patch can be found below:
- The entire storyline of the game has been thoroughly rewritten to make sure the game’s mystery will be one to remember.
- Player immersion has been significantly improved with all new voiceovers in English and Russian.
- Localization for all major languages is now complete, including; simplified Chinese, English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Polish, Portuguese (Brazilian), Russian, and Spanish.
- A brand-new and original soundtrack from composer Mikolaj Stroinski has been implemented.
- The first part of the new level – Heist, has been added to tease what will await gamers in the grand finale.
A more detailed list of all the updates and changes included in this latest patch are available here.
Chernobylite is a sci-fi survival horror RPG that mixes free exploration of a disturbing world with challenging combat, crafting, and non-linear storytelling.
It is set 30 years after the Chernobyl catastrophe, and pollution is increasing due to the “unexpected activity of a dangerous substance.” This terrible thing on top of a terrible thing was produced as a result of an explosion, called chernobylite.
Here’s a list of features:
- Explore a beautiful and horrifyingly accurate 3D-scanned recreation of the Chernobyl Exclusion Zone.
- Collaborate or compete with other stalkers in the Zone, but whatever you do, never fully trust them. Remember, everybody has a hidden agenda.
- Face and survive natural and supernatural threats.
- Immerse yourself in a thrilling, non-linear science-fiction horror story.
- Make good use of your chemistry and physics knowledge to craft equipment and manage supplies.
- Fight against savage creatures pouring out of an alternate reality.
- Investigate and collect data with a set of sophisticated environmental and substance-analyzing tools.
The game will benefit from an Early Access 20% discount on Steam from today through April 30. Any purchase made during Early Access will guarantee all future, post-launch DLCs for free.