Ubisoft has announced that Update 1 for Watch Dogs: Legion will be available today.
Title Update 4.0 introduces exclusive content for Watch Dogs: Legion Season Pass holders in single-player and in the online mode.
The update includes a new playable hero character, Mina Sidhu, who “wields the power of mind control” and can take full control of an enemy with her Mind-Control Device, the OMNI Optik. She is also equipped with a Mental Blast that can disrupt nearby enemies.
It also comes with a new DedSec Stories mission, Swipe Right. In this new single-player mission, DedSec discovers that someone in London is conspiring with an Egyptian minister to sell off antiquities, with the money going to fund violent insurgents.
The update also adds a variety of free content to both single-player and the online mode, including two new Operatives, the DJ and First Responder, Operative Customisation for body art and hair, and five new Operative abilities.
- Pickpocket: Operatives can earn currency on each takedown
- Second Wind: Operatives quickly regain health when defeating enemies
- Wanted: Albion or Clan Kelley enemies will attack upon detection anywhere in London
- Hoarder: Operatives can loot and carry more ammo
- Stuntman: Operatives take less damage from falls, explosions and collisions with vehicles
You can also expect three co-op missions.
In Dysfunction, a pair of Clan Kelley hackers, known as the Cousins, have “laid London’s court systems low in a DDoS attack,” and are demanding as ransom the dismissal of cases against family members.
Then there’s Meltdown, where Clan Kelley has killed four Tidis employees at Southwark Incinerator. Bagley believes Clan Kelley has bought an experimental plasma weapon, which has a half-life so short it’s only detectable in a body for a short time after death.
The third co-op mission is Repossession. In it, Albion has a cache of data drives belonging to the original DedSec, and they plan to use the drives to pinpoint the location of active DedSec Operatives.
You can also expect five new solo Assignments, and two Co-op Gadgets: the Guardian Drone and Point Defense Drones.
Finally, as part of the game’s post-launch plans in 2021, Ubisoft has detailed the availability of the free content for all Watch Dogs: Legion players as well as the new, exclusive content for season pass owners across single-player and online modes. The free post-launch content for all Watch Dogs: Legion players include :
- At the end of May, players will have access to two new PvP modes: Extraction and fan favorite, Invasion, and a new Tactical Op, Project Omni, in the online mode of Watch Dogs: Legion. Project Omni is an intense and challenging mission that will require players to strategize with their team of four to infiltrate a secret project to find out why Londoners’ Optik devices are negatively affecting their brains.
For Season Pass owners:
- Late-June will see the release Watch Dogs: Legion – Bloodline, a new storyline that includes Aiden Pearce from the original Watch Dogs game, and Wrench from Watch Dogs 2 fully playable in the single-player campaign and online.
- In August, Darcy, a member of the Assassin Brotherhood from Assassin’s Creed®, will be available as a new playable character alongside new missions.
Update 1 is available on Xbox One, Xbox Series X/S, PS4, PS5, Epic Games Store, Ubisoft Store, Stadia, Amazon Luna, and Ubisoft+.
If you’re just getting started with the game, then check out our Operative Recruitment guide here, as well as our pages on how to make a Borough Defiant, where to find Tech Points, how to unlock Stormzy’s Fall on My Enemies mission and how to fast travel around London.